22 Aug Contracts Specialist
Star Global is looking for a Contracts Specialist to join the Supply Chain team. This position will be responsible for the sourcing and contracting process for goods and services, as well as the procurement process for equipment, materials, and services with a specific focus towards project related services. The Contracts Specialist is project oriented and is responsible to coordinate the timely and accurate development/execution of project contract plans to ensure the completion of key milestones/objectives, to minimize commercial risks, to enhance competitive advantage and to meet expectations while meeting Star Global’s internal standards and requirements. Reporting to the site Supply Chain Manager, the position will have a strong relationship with the Project Manager. Specific areas of the mining operation require the ability to partner with internal and external business partners to successfully achieve the objectives of the operations teams.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the acquisition of services and administration of contracts with Star Global, primarily focused towards project related services, site spend and risk levels primarily focused on contracts and purchasing for local site mining requirements including but not limited to; construction, engineering, maintenance, environmental and other operational areas; support compliance of Star Global policies and procedures, contract and commercial conditions; and, optimizing service times for the company and contractor areas.
- Responsible for delivering contracts that cover the requirements of the user areas in response to urgent and ongoing operational needs; identify and develop suppliers in the market to support commercial and operational needs.
- Managing tender process, facilitate the selection of service providers, develop contract documentation, and support ongoing contract management as well as coordination of information to evaluate proposals with the user areas.
- Developing and maintaining contracts register for end-user group and maintain currency.
- Supporting the continuous improvement and execution of Star Global’s sourcing strategy, policies and guidelines for service categories and contracts; is a participant in the development of value-added service for SCM customers, cost savings, and other performance metrics.
- Ensuring timely and professional service to user departments in the preparation and evaluations of bids, negotiation with suppliers, and recommendation to management for approvals, preparation of contract documentation, issuance of award of contracts and regret letters, and management and close out of contracts.
- Acquiring services according to the operations requirements, obtaining the best total cost of ownership, term of execution and quality condition.
- Support and advise on the definition of Project Controls and Earned Value Management policies, procedures and the standard required to deliver contracts and projects.
- Monitor and control contractor compliance in respect to the contractual obligations of controlling and reporting of progressive cost and schedule.
- Advise and consult on the application of effective planning techniques and controls (earned value, cost, and schedule variance, estimates at completion, critical path analysis).
- Reviews, monitors, analyzes, and forecasts project progress, and ensures coordinating measurement of work units. Develops contingency plans to address project contract deficiencies, resource or system issues, and process improvement opportunities.
- Support program integration, governance, formats, plan optimization, and project controls best practices.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Accounting or related field or equivalent experience required.
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of directly related contracting & procurement experience or equivalent combination of training and experience required.
- A thorough understanding of Project Controls functions including cost control, schedule control, work measurement, and earned valued guidance and tools.
- Experience in the development of RFQ’s and RFP’s required.
- Experience in arbitration of contractual disputes preferred.
- Experience with Ariba sourcing and contract management preferred.
- Knowledge of Oracle, Ariba, SAP, Ellipse, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Visio or equivalent enterprise level software packages preferred.
- Proven attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
- Excellent organizational, time management and office management skills required.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, as well as independently.
- Demonstrated well-developed interpersonal skills, with a courteous and pleasant customer service focus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Capability to multi-task, self-manage and self-motivate required.
- Demonstrated good attendance and performance records with the ability to maintain these same standards.
- Ability to manage heavy workload and aggressive timelines in a timely and professional manner, prioritize, and work under pressure required.
- Work closely with NGM Supply Chain group to ensure all contracting and sourcing standards are complied with during the process of bidding and contract execution.
- Prepare, issue, negotiate and execute service and goods agreements per the project plan.
- Ensure all Vendor Onboarding process requirements are in place for all contracts to be executed.
- Directs and coordinates all post award administration activities.
Coordinates regular progress meetings for all construction contract.
- The ability and experience to collaborate with key stakeholders to identify and mitigate risks and maximize opportunities is essential.
What We Can Offer You:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses benefits, and stock purchase plans where applicable
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- An Opportunity to transform Traditional Mining into the future of Digital Mining
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across Star Global locations
- Star Global is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
|Job Category||Supply Chain|